Liquefied Petroleum Gas Vehicle Scheme, LPG Fuel, LPG Vehicle Grants
Softhard Solutions ShopMate Business Accounting Software for Businesses
Get LPG Vehicle Ideas and Business Accounting Database Software Offer
The purpose of the Liquefied Petroleum Gas Vehicle Scheme is to assist private
use motorists with the purchase of a new LPG Vehicle or the conversion of
a new or used petrol or diesel vehicle to Liquefied Petroleum Gas Vehicle.
Liquefied Petroleum Gas (also called LPG, LP Gas, or Autogas) is a
mixture of hydrocarbon gases used as a fuel in heating appliances and vehicles.
Liquefied Petroleum Gas is increasingly replacing chlorofluorocarbons as an aerosol propellant and a refrigerant to reduce damage to the ozone layer.
Read more on LPG Fuel...
May be you’ve decided to go into a new business, completed your market research and written your business plan. Now you’re ready to take the next step, but where do you begin with saving money in your business? It starts at the petrol pumps with lpg...
Although the LPG Vehicle Grants are not available to commercial or business
use, you may consider the savings (lpg is always cheaper than any other fuel)
you may get if you invest your own money into the conversion of your vehicle(s)
in your business to a Liquefied Petroleum Gas unit.
On the government website (https://www.ausindustry.gov.au/) you may find other schemes that may help your business.
The Australian Government has established the Liquid Petroleum Gas (LPG) Vehicle Scheme to assist private use motorists with the purchase of a new LPG vehicle or the conversion of a new or used petrol or diesel vehicle to LPG.
Two different grants are available:
- A grant of $2,000 will be paid following the LPG conversion of a new or
used petrol or diesel motor vehicle.
- A grant of $1,000 will be paid following the purchase of a new motor vehicle with an Liquefied Petroleum Gas unit fitted at the time of manufacture of the vehicle.
An eligible vehicle:
- Is for private use (not commercial or business use)
- Is a passenger or light commercial vehicle less than 3.5 tonnes Gross Vehicle Mass
- Must be registered in the Australian state or territory of residence of claimant
- Is not subject to a novated lease or salary sacrifice arrangement
- Must be registered for private use in NSW, VIC, QLD, WA, and the ACT
- Must be declared for private use if registered in SA, TAS and NT
The grants are available to registered owners of a new vehicle with a Liquefied Petroleum Gas unit fitted at the time of manufacture of the vehicle or registered owners who have a new or used petrol or diesel vehicle converted to the Liquefied Petroleum Gas on or after 14 August 2006.
Please ensure that your installer is properly accredited. Each State and Territory has its own accreditation system. You should ask your installer for accreditation/registration/certification details and check these against your State or Territory requirements.
The latest version of the Liquefied Petroleum Gas Vehicle Scheme application form is 13 August 2007. Applications forms dated January 2007 or later will also be accepted.
Please ask your repairer if the Liquefied Petroleum Gas scheme still exists as the last version of the Liquefied Petroleum Gas Vehicle Scheme is not showing on the government website (https://www.ausindustry.gov.au/) any more.
All the links (https://www.ausindustry.gov.au/) we had here for you are not valid anymore, sorry for any inconvenience...
Some tips on how to avoid business failure:
- Don't underestimate the capital you need to start up the business.
- Understand and keep control of your finances - income earned is not the same as
cash in hand.
- More volume does not automatically mean more profit - you need to get your pricing
- Make sure you have good software for your business, software that provides you with a good reporting picture of all aspects of your business operations.
- Go to Ethanol Distribution Program
- Go to Softhard
- Go to Automotive
- Information on
Ideas for Business - Business Tips
- Information on
Ideas for Accounting - Accountancy Home
- Information on
MotoShop Automotive Database Software
- More information on ShopMate Automotive Database Software